Stevens Construction Inc. named to fastest-growing companies list by Inc. Magazine for third year
Stevens Construction, a healthcare and commercial construction management firm, has been ranked as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America, earning a position on the exclusive Inc. 5000 list.
Stevens Construction reported a 308 percent growth in revenue over the past three years. The Inc. 500/5000 2015 list ranks companies according to percentage of revenue growth between 2011 and 2014. To qualify, companies must also be U.S.-based, privately-held, for-profit and independent firms with minimum revenue of $2 million in 2013.
Named Contractor of the Year in 2014, 2012 and 2011 by the Lee Building Industry Association, Stevens Construction was founded in 2003 in Fort Myers by Mark Stevens. The company employs 38 professionals throughout Fort Myers, Orlando and Tampa. Stevens Construction’s current projects include Landmark Hospital, an 88,686-square-foot, 50-bed facility in Naples and the Memory Care Residences of Cypress Cove at HealthPark, a 37,940-square-foot facility.
With offices in Orlando, Tampa and Fort Myers, Stevens Construction specializes in providing construction management, general contracting and consulting services to clients and design professionals. Other services include site and design team selection, budgeting, project scheduling, permitting, cost and quality control and warranty service. The company builds commercial, healthcare and hospitality facilities. For information, visit www.stevensconstructioninc.com or call 239-936-9006.
Opportunities await in The Colony Golf & Bay Club’s Cielo and Terzetto
Romanza Interior Design adds Luann Powers Gliwski
Louis Paratore named regional director of sales at WCI Communities
WCI names top sales leaders for July in seven Lee and Collier Communities
Brenda J. Anderson
The Forge Engineering Team
gratefully accepted the Gulfshore Business Magazines,
2015 Best Engineering Company Award last night for the Second Year in a Row!!!
We appreciate all your business and support throughout the years.
LEE BIA MEMBERS WIN PRESTIGIOUS AURORA AWARDS
PGI Homes and Stevens Construction were recognized during the 35th Annual Aurora Awards Multimedia Presentation, held July 18 at the Rosen Center Hotel in Orlando. PGI Homes received two Grand Aurora Awards and five Aurora Awards in total, and Stevens Construction earned an Aurora Award in the commercial category and one Grand Aurora Award. The awards program is affiliated with the Florida Home Builders Association and presented during the Southeast Building Conference, the largest building industry trade show in the Southeastern United States open to entrants in the 12-state and Eastern Caribbean region.
SPIRO & ASSOCIATES EARNS EXCEL AWARDS
(July 20, 2015) — Spiro & Associates is proud to have been honored with nine Excel Awards presented in Orlando at the 2015 Southeast Building Conference, a function of the Florida Home Builders Association.
The three-day event is the largest building industry trade show in the Southeastern United States and attracts entrants and participants from 12 states and the Eastern Caribbean.Excel Awards honor professionals who make major contributions to the residential home building and commercial construction industry through superior, innovative and creative sales and marketing.But to be honored like this takes clients who believe in our fresh ideas. Businesses that allow us to continue to do great work for them with the objective of firmly positioning them ahead of the competition. And for that, we thank all of our clients.The 2015 Excel Awards were presented at the Rosen Centre Hotel to the Agency for its work on behalf of:
- Action Automatic Door & Gate in Fort Myers and Naples – Best Consumer Promotion for an Associate. A high-end chess set was used as an “icebreaker” for Action Automatic’s sales teams to arrange meetings and build new relationships with builders.
- GreyHawk Landing in Bradenton – Best Realtor Promotion for a Developer. The Agency created a special event themed around a cash giveaway to reintroduce 150 area Realtors® to the community and five new model homes.
- Gulfshore Homes in Bonita Springs and Naples – Best Overall Advertising & Marketing Campaign for a Builder. We developed a campaign that complemented the builder’s recently designed “boutique” brochure.
- Koogler Homes in Cape Coral – Best Specialty Event for a Builder. The Agency assisted with the creative strategy and execution of the “Koogler Kringle Mingle” charity event to raise money for the children of Camp Boggy Creek.
- Lyons Housing in Fort Myers – Best Realtor Promotion for a Builder. Spiro & Associates created a grand opening event to garner attention to the builder’s first new model home built in more than three years.
- Medallion Signature Home in Sarasota – Best Logo Design for a Builder. The Agency was tasked with creating a new brand image for a new direction taken by this established homebuilder.
- Neal Communities in Sarasota – Best Consumer Promotion for a Builder. The Agency created a “Nealopoly” promotion to increase qualified visitors to sales and model centers in 10 communities in the Sarasota/Bradenton region during the 2015 Parade of Homes and the month following.
- Neal Signature Homes in Sarasota – Best Brochure for a Builder. We created a new brochure for an expanded division of the Neal companies.
Our life’s work is the creation and sustainment of our clients’ brand. When we create a brand that lasts and delivers results, our clients win and the Agency wins. Congratulations one and all!
Lee County Sherriff's Department Arrest Unlicensed Contractors
The Lee County Sheriff’s Office, with the support of the Lee BIA, are very pleased to report 68 arrests for unlicensed contractor activity in the five county area of Southwest Florida, the highest in the state. The support of Lee BIA Emeritus Board Member and Staff Officer, Darryl Aubuchon, with the Lee County Sheriff’s, Office was instrumental in this effort. Officer Aubuchon, along with the BIA, were recognized by the State for their efforts on a sting operation conducted last fall. “Unlicensed contracting is not a victimless crime, the safety of the consumer is at risk when unlicensed work is done by unscrupulous contractors. Many of these consumers are not familiar with our building code requirements in Florida and are taken in by these characters.”–Darryl Aubuchon, Staff Officer LCSO (and Lee BIA Board Member)
Health risks for countertop workers
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention/National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (CDC/NIOSH) have published important documents that provide information on exposures from stone countertops and related health risks. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report Notes from the Field: Silicosis in a Countertop Fabricator presents case findings, and OSHA/NIOSH Hazard Alert: Worker Exposure to Silica during Countertop Manufacturing, Finishing, and Installation provides facts and guidance.
Notes from the Field: Silicosis in a Countertop Fabricator — Texas, 2014
Gary K. Friedman, MD, Robert Harrison, MD, Heidi Bojes, PhD, et al.
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2015;64:129-30
OSHA/NIOSH Hazard Alert: Worker Exposure to Silica during Countertop Manufacturing, Finishing and Installation.
Have a question about building codes? Call or email the new FHBA 411Code Program. Get the 411 here...
Changes are in the works regarding size and installation requirements for many water heaters. Learn about them here...
Lee BIA acknowledges builder achievements with 2015 Parade of Homes™ awards. See who won...
BIA President Victor duPont receives honors from Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott Read more...