Join us for a two day OSHA 10 hour certification class presented by Builders Insurance Group. This class is suitable for both residential and commercial builders. Upon successful completion attendees will receive the OHSA 10 hour card that is good for life.
This course includes:
- Introduction to OSHA
- Class will talk about the history of OSHA, the worker's rights and employer responsibilities, where to get assistance, how to file a complaint and the whistleblower laws that protect a worker from retaliation.
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Class will go over the common hazards that may be encountered on construction sites, discuss the proper personal protective equipment needed.
- Health Hazards in Construction
- Class will discuss about noise, silica and various other construction health hazards along with hazard communication.
- Class discusses the hazards associated with trenching and OSHA's requirements to protect workers.
- Tools - Hand and Power
- Class discusses the proper use of common hand and power tools used in construction.
- Optional Topic
- For example, how to address unsafe behaviors, why workers take risks and how to change their behaviors.
Dana Blose's formal education is in Industrial Engineering. He is also a veteran of the US Air Force and the US Army. Blose started his loss control career in 1988 with USF&G in Birmingham, Alabama and through mergers he worked for the St. Paul and Travelers Insurance. He also worked for the Fireman's Fund and Hanover Insurance. He has been with Builders Insurance Group for the last three years as their Loss Control Manager. As manager, his primary duties include coordinating surveys completed by vendors, providing education to customers through classroom and webinar training and working in the field with customers. Blose is an authorized OSHA outreach trainer for construction and general industry courses. Over his career he's worked as a specialist in ergonomics, property protection, training, fleet, and products liability. He earned his ALCM in 1994.