The Lee BIA will host 15 cook-off teams from across Lee County to compete in the 2nd Annual Cheers & Beers Cook-Off! This FREE event is sure to bring an authentic experience of creative dishes from our membership! Also returning this year, music from Bobby James!
Want to Participate in the 2nd Annual Cheers & Beers Cook-off?
Bring a prospective member for a chance to win 50% off your next renewal and a FREE membership for your recruit!
There is no charge to enter a team into the cook-off! Celebrity judges will be on hand to taste the many dishes in the following categories:
Cook-Off Categories are:
- Best Chili
- Best Cornbread
- Best Dessert
This year's celebrity judges are Mayor Randy Henderson, Commissioner Cecil Pendergrass, Superintendent Dr. Gregory Adkins and Kyle Cebull, Found of Millennial Brewing!
We will also award the Best Decorated Table!
IMPORTANT EVENT DETAILS
- Each team will get a 6-8 foot table and 2 chairs
- Lee BIA will supply bowls, cups, flatware and napkins for each team
- Team needs to supply table cloth/table decor
- Cooking teams are permitted to bring crockpots (propane is not allowed on property)
- There are no restrictions or rules in ways of ingredients or preparations for chili, cornbread, or dessert entries
- 150 guests may be walking through over a 3-hour period
- Each category will be judged by 4 judges and awards will be given to the 'Best Dish' in each category and 'People’s Choice' overall
- Cooking teams arrive at 5:00 PM with food prepared and warming (if necessary) for judge's tasting at 6:00 PM
- Judges arrive at 5:45 PM for tasting to begin at 6:00 PM
- Beverages will be provided
- No smoking will be allowed on the premises
- This is a family friendly event! Bring your kids and invite your friends!
- Plenty of parking is available on site at Southern Fresh Farms
LET'S GET COOKING!